1. Workshop 'Calculating butterfly trends, indexes and indicators'
In the ABLE project new tools have been developed to make it easier for regional and national coordinators of Butterfly Monitoring Schemes to calculate indexes and trends as well as build indicators. This workshop focuses on the background of the method and learning how to use the tools.
- Install the latest version or R.
- Install the latest version of RStudio.
- Install Rtools, not a package but some updated tools for windows, from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/
- Then open R, and install:
- Then do: library(devtools) and then:
- devtools::install_github(repo = 'biologicalrecordscentre/BRCindicators')
Go to https://butterfly-monitoring.github.io/bms_workshop/ and find all necessary information, including the full R-code and an explanation.
All presentations (including a transcript) are available at:
Link video explanation WK1: BMS and count data in R, data wrangling and mapping (Reto Schmucki)
- Technical Report EU Butterfly Grassland Species 1990 - 2017
The updated of EU Butterfly Indicator for Grassland species, 1990-2017. We produced a technical report to describe the indicator, it represents a major update on previous versions, through the incorporation of more and expanded datasets, together with new analysis techniques. It is the first major output of the Assessing ButterfLies in Europe (ABLE) project. This would not have been possible without the effort of all the collaborators, national schemes and volunteers that provide the data. Our appreciation to all of them
The EU Butterfly Grassland Species 1990-2017 indicator is part of the monitoring report on progress towards the SDGs in an EU context — 2019 edition, which can be accessed here. The grassland butterfly indicator contributes to Goal 15: Life on Land.